DEVSUMO is a freelance software developer based
in the north west of England.
Visit our contact page to leave him a message.
- Camel – Socket Permission Denied using port 0 with Restlets
- CXF – Validating JAX-RS WADL files in unit tests
- JBoss Fuse – Deploying JAX-RS services with Fuse 6.2 and Java 8
- CXF – Missing WADL method parameter element types with JSON JAX-RS services
- TinyMCE 4 – Enabling and disabling toolbar buttons
- CXF – Using interceptors to provide simple, property-based response filters
- TinyMCE 4 – Dude, where’s my border?
- JSoup – Entity exigency
Tag Archives: os x
Some older versions of PHP build fine on OS X 10.7 but fall over while compiling node.c on OS X 10.9 Continue reading
If you need to generate a relative date in a shell script the Linux date command will do the needful, though there are some platform differences you might need to be aware of Continue reading
A little understanding of how find expressions work makes it easy to filter its output to exclude certain files and directories. Continue reading
Here we use the Unix find command in conjunction with cat and wc to get a picture of the number of code lines in a directory hierarchy. Continue reading
An example of using the Unix find command to quickly check out the number of different file extensions in a directory tree. Continue reading
Since OS X comes with Python, if you need to build a specific version on your Mac the required bits are likely to be there already. Running “make test” might reveal a few unnoticed absences though. Continue reading
A number of open source packages depend on the GNU readline library. Here are a couple of easy ways to install it on OS X. Continue reading
Python 3.3 supports LZMA compression, though you’ll need an LZMA implementation installed in order to use it. Continue reading